Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Amercian Icons- Ideas

Rob Dyrdek is a professional skateboarder and to me right there shows how much hard work and dedication he had to put in to get to where he is right now. He also shows me that even with all this success he still has time to relax and have fun.

Several years after he became a pro skater he did a reality show called "Rob and Big" in his house in LA. Rob is currently working on his new show called Fantasy Factory. That right there shows how important he is in American culture.

Rob is a person that i think is very important because he does the tricks i only wish i could do and seeing him do it on TV makes me only want to do it even more. So i see him as a person i can look up and maybe one day being able to do those tricks myself.




Dave Chappelle is my all time favorite comedian, he is the type of guy that makes anything funny and he's not afraid to say it. Dave shows me that everyone loves to laugh and it helps to brighten our mood.

He is among the many to be on comedy central and have a TV show "the Chappelle show" which has been playing for quite some time now and it always seems to be funny. He does all of his shows in America and people come to see it.

Dave Chappelle has showed me that telling jokes is fun and entertaining and it teaches me not to be so serious all the time. He taught me to enjoy the silly things of life because no one likes a person who can't take a joke, especially if he gets all offensive about it.




Jackie Chan is a famous Asian movie star who has stared in a lot of movies. To me Jackie Chan represents that no matter what ethnicity you are you can still become a movie star.

He has stared in such funny movies as "Shanghai Knights" and my personal favorite "Rush Hour" which has played all over the world including in America. I thought that these were really funny movies and i know other people did to.

Jackie has become an inspiration to me showing that who he is and where he comes from doesn't matter when you do what you love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment