Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Writing Reflection

Please answer both of the following with substantial, thorough, thoughtful, well-revised, multi-paragraph pieces of writing that feature direct evidence, specific examples, and a high degree of honest self-reflection.

  • Explain one or more specific aspects of your writing that have improved this year. In this explanation, you must directly refer to at least two specific pieces of writing that you produced for this class. You may use any assignment, project, writing sample, draft, blog entry, etc. You should discuss the writing tips & strategies we studied, the processes & methods we used, the critiques & drafts we employed and the products we created (feel free to use these specific key terms to keep your reflection focused).
  • Describe one specific goal for your future writing. Your explanation of your goal(s) must include some or all of the following: writing samples from this year, writing strategies you have used in the past, writing strategies or techniques you would like to develop, examples from authors you respect, etc.

I feel that i have greatly improved this year in my writing. My American Icon writing piece i feel was one of the best essays that i have ever written because i had followed the writing tips. I made sure that i was making meaning early, and i used plenty of sensory details.

My next piece of writing that i am most proud of it would have to be my Ampersand piece. At first my Ampersand article was terrible and did not have any good quality's about it, i need to restart my whole article. After rethinking how to write my article i was able to include plenty of examples with help from my internship, and i also did my best of avoiding sledgehammer words as well as ing words.

In the future i want to be able to write more detailed essays that include more examples, quotes, and being able to incorporate the loop idea better. things that have worked well for me when i write are getting critiques, rereading, and going over my writing. Usually my strategy is to have a 5 paragraph essay that has an intro, 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment